Best American Apple Orchard: Beak & Skiff!
Kiyokawa Family Orchards wins second place
Autumn means harvest season, and according to the U.S. Apple Association, more than 7,500 growers are producing apples in all 50 states. Since each individual apple must be hand-picked, many orchards open their gates for visitors to come and pick their own, often with added autumn entertainment.
We asked our readers to vote for their favorite pick-your-own orchards, and the results are in!
- Beak & Skiff Apple Orchard - LaFayette, N.Y.
- Kiyokawa Family Orchards - Parkdale, Ore.
- Honey Pot Hill Orchards - Stow, Mass.
- Solebury Orchards - New Hope, Penn.
- Huber's Orchard & Winery - Starlight, Ind.
- Nashoba Valley Winery - Bolton, Mass.
- Sky Top Orchard - Flat Rock, N.C.
- Stribling Orchard - Markham, Va.
- Mercier Orchards - Blue Ridge, Ga.
- Deardorff Orchards - Waconia, Minn.
Congratulations to all these fun and family friendly orchards!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo