Jim 'N Nick's BBQ Restaurant comes in second place
While you can find just about any style of 'cue you could imagine in Alabama, the Heart of Dixie is perhaps most famous for its smoked chicken, often served with a tangy white barbecue sauce made from mayonnaise, cider vinegar and spices – the brain child of one of our nominees, Big Bob Gibson.
So which barbecue joint makes the best chicken sandwich in the state? 10Best editors and Sandwich America joined forces with a panel of local Alabama food writers and The Food Channel to nominate 20 worthy barbecue joints across the state. For the past four weeks, we asked our readers to vote daily for their favorites, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best BBQ Chicken Sandwich in Alabama are as follows:
- Smokey C's Bar-B-Que & Wings - Decatur
- Jim 'N Nick's BBQ Restaurant - Multiple Locations
- Rusty’s Bar-B-Q - Leeds
- L.A. Barbeque - Summerdale
- New Market BBQ - New Market
- Moe's Original BBQ - Multiple Locations
- 306 BBQ - Athens
- Hog Wild BBQ - Gulf Shores
- Miss Myra's Pit Bar B-Q - Birmingham
- Saw's BBQ - Homewood
Congratulations to all our winning Alabama barbecue restaurants!
License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo