Best BBQ Festival: Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off
World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest is runner up
Summer is BBQ season, and 10Best set out on a mission to find the best barbecue battles, hog fests and smoky celebrations of meat in the nation. We enlisted the help of two BBQ experts to help narrow down the field to the top 20 events and then turned it over to our readers to vote their favorites to the top.
The top 10 winners in the category Best BBQ Festival are as follows:
- Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off - Sparks, Nev.
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest - Memphis
- International Bar-B-Q Festival - Owensboro, Ky.
- Tupelo BBQ Duel - Tupelo, Miss.
- Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational - Lynchburg, Tenn.
- Colorado BBQ Challenge - Frisco, Colo.
- Papa Joe's Banjo-B-Que Music Festival - Evans, Ga.
- I Love BBQ and Music Festival - Lake Placid, N.Y.
- Big Pig Jig - Vienna, Ga.
- The Barbecue Festival - Lexington, N.C.
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Ardie A. Davis (America’s Best BBQ, Revised) and competitive pit master Rod Gray were chosen based on their experience in the barbecue festival circuit.
Other nominated festivals included American Royal World Series of Barbecue, Big Apple Barbecue Block Party, Blue Ridge BBQ & Music Festival, Giant National Capital Barbecue Battle, Great Lenexa BBQ Battle, Lakeland Pigfest, Kickin' It Country Whole Hog Cook-Off, New Jersey State Barbecue Championship, South Carolina Festival of Discovery and World's Championship Bar-B-Que.
Congratulations to all our winning festivals!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo