Mekong Restaurant Named Best Beer Bar!
- Browse All Contests
- Chosen by readers of USA TODAY and 10Best
HopCat, Cloverleaf Tavern, The J. Clyde and The Birch also winners
While you can get a good craft beer just about anywhere these days, these 10 winners for Best Beer Bar offer so much more. Stellar selections of local, rare and unusual brews, knowledgeable bar staff to help narrow down the choice and a great atmosphere make these beer bars must-visits for any craft beer enthusiast.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Beer Bar are as follows:
- Mekong Restaurant - Richmond, Va.
- HopCat - Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Cloverleaf Tavern - Caldwell, N.J.
- The J. Clyde - Birmingham, Ala.
- The Birch - Norfolk, Va.
- The Bier Stein - Eugene, Ore.
- Thirsty Monk - Asheville, N.C.
- Maria's Packaged Goods & Community Bar - Chicago
- Brick Store Pub - Decatur, Ga.
- Max's Taphouse - Baltimore
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Julia Herz (Brewers Association), Jack Muldowney (The Hop Review) and Ale Sharpton (AleSharpton.com) were chosen based on their extensive beer knowledge and experience.
Other bars nominated in this category included Blind Tiger Ale House in New York, ChurchKey in Washington, Closed for Business in Charleston, Easy Tiger in Austin, Falling Rock Tap House in Denver, Grand Trunk Pub in Detroit, Local Option in Chicago, The Pine Box in Seattle, The Porter Beer Bar in Atlanta and Toronado in San Francisco.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winning beer bars.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo
Build your own lists that you can easily reference or share stories with your friends.Login ×