La Soufriere Drive-In Volcano Wins Best Caribbean Attraction!
St. Nicholas Abbey takes second place
While the Caribbean is best known for its beautiful beaches, there's more to these culturally rich islands. Those who can tear themselves away from the sun and sand will find numerous worthy attractions await. We asked a panel of Caribbean travel experts to nominate their favorite attractions in the region. For the past four weeks, 10Best and USA TODAY readers have been voting for their favorites, and the results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Caribbean Attraction are as follows:
- La Soufriere Drive-In Volcano - St. Lucia
- St. Nicholas Abbey - Barbados
- The Bob Marley Museum - Jamaica
- George Washington House and Museum - Barbados
- Pekelmeer Flamingo Sanctuary & Salt Flats - Bonaire
- Botanical Gardens of Nevis - Nevis
- Loterie Farm - St. Martin
- Arikok National Park - Aruba
- St. Kitts Scenic Railway - St. Kitts
- Lucayan National Park - Grand Bahama, Bahamas
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Liliana Erasmus (10Best), Sarah Greaves-Gabbadon (JetSetSarah.com), Melanie Reffes and Chelle Walton (10Best) were chosen based on their expertise of the Caribbean region.
Congratulations to all these winning Caribbean attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo