The Green Monkey at Sandy Lane Named Best Caribbean Golf Course!
Corales Golf Course at Puntacana Resort takes second place
Look at any list of top golf courses in the world, and you're likely to see the Caribbean well represented. This region of more than 100 islands occupying an area of over a million square miles is a golfer's paradise, especially when you consider the stellar weather and plethora of activities off the course. We asked a panel of golf and Caribbean travel experts to nominate their favorite Caribbean courses, and then we turned it over to our readers to choose the 10 best winners.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Caribbean Golf Course are as follows:
- The Green Monkey at Sandy Lane - Barbados
- Corales Golf Course at Puntacana Resort - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Punta Espada Golf Course - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- East Course at Dorado Beach - Dorado Beach, Puerto Rico
- Cinnamon Hill at Rose Hall - Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Bahía Beach - Bahia Beach, Puerto Rico
- Tierra del Sol - Aruba
- Royal St. Kitts Golf Club - St. Kitts
- Teeth of the Dog at Casa de Campo - La Romana, Dominican Republic
- The Links at Royal Isabela - Isabela, Puerto Rico
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Liliana Erasmus (10Best), Alan Hale (GolfThere), Melanie Reffes and Larry Olmsted (Forbes.com) were chosen based on their expertise of golf travel and the Caribbean region.
Congratulations to all these stunning golf courses, and remember to keep this list handy next time you're planning a tropical golf getaway.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo