Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad wins Best Colorado Attraction
Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre takes runner up spot
Landscapes of open deserts, deep river canyons and jagged mountain peaks make Colorado an outdoor enthusiast's playground with loads of worthy attractions courtesy of Mother Nature. But with thriving urban centers like Denver, Boulder and Aspen, the Centennial State offers plenty in the way of cultural pursuits as well.
We asked our readers to help us choose Colorado's best attractions, and the results are in! The top 10 winners in the category Best Colorado Attraction are as follows:
- Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad - Antonito
- Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre - Morrison
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park - Cañon City
- Rocky Mountain National Park - Estes Park
- Garden of the Gods - Colorado Springs
- Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad - Durango
- Pikes Peak - Colorado Springs
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park - Montrose
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Great Sand Dunes National Park
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Heather Balogh Rochfort (Just A Colorado Gal) and Christine Loomis were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Colorado.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo