Readers name Air Mobility Command Museum the best Delaware attraction
Hagley Museum and Library takes second place
Delaware, the nation's second smallest state, is too often overlooked by visitors to the region, who often have their sights set on the nation's capital. But The First State – Delaware's founding fathers were the first to sign the Constitution – has plenty to offer, from ocean beaches, rolling mountains and the Chesapeake Bay to colonial villages, a wealth of historic attractions and tax-free shopping.
We asked a panel of Delaware travel writers to nominate their favorite state attractions, and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting for their favorites. The results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Delaware Attraction are as follows:
- Air Mobility Command Museum - Dover
- Hagley Museum and Library - Wilmington
- Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library - Winterthur
- Abbott's Mill Nature Center - Milford
- Nemours Mansion and Gardens - Wilmington
- Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge - Smyrna
- Historic New Castle - New Castle
- Rehoboth Beach and Boardwalk - Rehoboth Beach
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery - Milton
- White Clay Creek State Park - Newark
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Judy Colbert and Theresa Gawlas Medoff were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Delaware.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo