Nature Inn at Bald Eagle Wins Best Eco-Friendly Resort
The Crash Pad in Chattanooga takes second place
As Kermit the Frog once said, "It's not easy being green," but these 10 U.S. hotels, voted the best in the U.S. by 10Best readers, have gone above and beyond to promote environmental sustainability. Along the way, they've earned certification in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) by the U.S. Green Building Council.
In choosing the 20 nominees for Best Eco-Friendly Hotel, 10Best editors considered the input of a panel of hotel experts, as well as industry awards, LEED certification level and guest reviews.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Eco-Friendly Hotel are as follows:
- Nature Inn at Bald Eagle - Howard, Penn.
- The Crash Pad - Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Len Foote Hike Inn - Dawsonville, Ga.
- Point Reyes Hostel - Point Reyes National Seashore, Calif.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte - Charlotte
- Historic Boone Tavern Hotel & Restaurant - Berea, Ky.
- The Orchard Hotel - San Francisco
- The Hotel Skyler - Syracuse, N.Y.
- ARIA Hotel Tower - Las Vegas
- Proximity Hotel - Greensboro, N.C.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Marla Cimini (USA TODAY), Christopher Parr (Pursuitist) and Yasmin Pullman (Luxury Travel Diary) were chosen based on their luxury travel experience.
Additional nominated hotels included The Allison Inn & Spa, Bardessono Hotel & Spa, Cavallo Point, Crosby Street Hotel, Fairmont Pittsburgh, H2hotel, Hotel Terra, Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas, Montage Beverly Hills and The Virgin Hotel Chicago.
Congratulations to all our winning eco-friendly hotels.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo
Build your own lists that you can easily reference or share stories with your friends.Login ×