Last year's winner, Great Wolf Lodge, comes in second
Gone are the days when a swimming pool and roll away bed are enough to constitute a quality family resort. Today, lodgings across the nation are catering to family travelers with a host of awesome amenities – kids programing, childproofed rooms (with multiple bedrooms), gourmet dining with child-approved kids menus and access to essentials, like cribs and baby swings, while on the road.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Family Resort are as follows:
- The Resort at Paws Up - Greenough, Mont.
- Great Wolf Lodge - Multiple Locations
- The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort - Kiawah Island, S.C.
- Mohonk Mountain House - New Paltz, N.Y.
- Gaylord Hotels - Multiple Locations
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando - Orlando
- Skytop Lodge - Skytop, Penn.
- Vista Verde Ranch - Clark, Colo.
- Keystone Resort - Keystone, Colo.
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess - Scottsdale, Ariz.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Katie Dillon (La Jolla Mom), Kim-Marie Evans (Luxury Travel Mom), Kyle McCarthy (Family Travel Forum), Eileen Ogintz (Taking the Kids), Dave Parfitt (AdventuresbyDaddy.com), Marla Cimini (USA TODAY), Christopher Parr (Pursuitist) and Yasmin Pullman (Luxury Travel Diary) were chosen based on their family travel experience.
Other nominated resorts included Aulani - a Disney Resort & Spa, The Breakers Palm Beach, Club Med Sandpiper Bay, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Wailea, Kingsmill Resort, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, Omni Mount Washington Resort, Smugglers' Notch Resort and Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa.
Congratulations to all our winning resorts, and remember to keep this list handy next time you're planning a family vacation.
License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo