Gulf Islands National Seashore Wins Title of Florida's Best Beach
- Browse All Contests
- Chosen by readers of USA TODAY and 10Best
Clearwater, Siesta Key, Playalinda and Pass-a-Grille in top 5
In the battle for the title of Best Florida Beach, the Gulf Coast reigned supreme as home to four of the top five winners. Throughout four weeks of voting, it was neck and neck between Gulf Islands National Seashore and Clearwater Beach. The undulating talcum sands of the panhandle near Pensacola won out in the end, and Gulf Islands National Seashore is our winner, with Clearwater Beach runner up.
The brilliant white beaches of Siesta Key, located just off the coast of Sarasota, snagged the third place spot, while it's over on the Pacific Coast – the Space Coast to be exact – where you'll find the fourth place winner, Playalinda. Quirky Pass-a-Grille Beach finished in fifth position.
The winners in the 'Best Florida Beach' contest category for USA TODAY 10Best Readers' Choice are as follows:
- Gulf Islands National Seashore - Pensacola
- Clearwater Beach - Clearwater
- Siesta Beach - Siesta Key
- Playalinda - Titusville
- Pass-a-Grille Beach - St. Petersburg
- Caladesi Island State Park - Dunedin
- St. Joseph Peninsula State Park - Port St. Joe
- Fort de Soto Park - Tierra Verde
- Henderson Beach State Park - Destin
- Lovers Key State Park - Ft. Myers
Congratulations to our ten winning Florida beaches!
License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo
Build your own lists that you can easily reference or share stories with your friends.Login ×