Holland, Michigan's Tulip Time Named Best Flower Festival!
Mackinac Island Lilac Festival, Rose Parade, Dallas Blooms and North Carolina Azalea Festival in top five
Nothing says 'spring' quite like flowers in bloom. These 10 flower festivals, nominated by a panel of flower and garden experts and voted to the top by 10Best readers, represent the best in the nation.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Flower Festival are as follows:
- Tulip Time - Holland, Mich.
- Mackinac Island Lilac Festival - Mackinac Island, Mich.
- Rose Parade - Pasadena, Calif.
- Dallas Blooms - Dallas
- North Carolina Azalea Festival - Wilmington, N.C.
- Historic Garden Week in Virginia - Virginia
- Portland Rose Festival - Portland, Ore.
- Daffodil Festival - Tacoma, Wash.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - Orlando
- International Cherry Blossom Festival - Macon, Ga.
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Cindy Brockway (The Trustees), Abby Hird (Botanic Gardens Conservation International) and Katy Moss Warner (American Horticultural Society) were chosen based on their extensive knowledge of flowers and gardens.
Additional nominees for this category included the Boston Flower & Garden Show, Chrysanthemum Festival, Magnificent Magnolias, National Cherry Blossom Festival, Philadelphia Flower Show, Sakura Matsuri, San Francisco Flower & Garden Show, Sequim Lavender Festival, Skagit Valley Tulip Festival and the South Carolina Festival of Flowers.
Congratulations to all our winning festivals!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo