National Infantry Museum & Soldier Center Wins Best Free Museum
Cleveland Museum of Art a close runner up
These 10 excellent American museums – nominated by budget travel experts and voted as the best in the nation by our readers – all have something in common: they're free!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Free Museum are as follows:
- National Infantry Museum & Soldier Center - Columbus, Ga.
- Cleveland Museum of Art - Cleveland
- National Museum of the U.S. Air Force - Dayton, Ohio
- Saint Louis Art Museum - St. Louis
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art - Bentonville, Ark.
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art - Kansas City, Mo.
- Frye Art Museum - Seattle
- Minneapolis Institute of Art - Minneapolis
- The Museum at FIT - New York
- American Computer & Robotics Museum - Bozeman, Mont.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Shereen Rayle (Shereen Travels Cheap), Anna Hider (Roadtrippers) and Kim Orlando (TravelingMom) were chosen based on their extensive knowledge of budget travel in the United States.
Other nominated museums included the Baltimore Museum of Art, The Broad, The Getty Center, The Menil Collection, National Museum of Mexican Art, San Francisco Cable Car Museum, Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History, USS Constitution Museum and The Walters Art Museum.
Congratulations to all our winning free museums.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo