Callaway Gardens wins Best Georgia Attraction title
Atlanta Botanical Garden, The Big House Museum, Georgia Aquarium and Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge also winners
Atlantic beaches, historic small towns, coastal marshlands and northern mountains – the largest state east of the Mississippi is a study in contrasts. On one side you have the rural Old South with its moss-draped oaks and grand plantations. On the other side sits metropolitan Atlanta, arguably the capital of the New South.
We asked a panel of Georgia travel writers and photographers to nominate their favorite attractions in the state, and our readers have been voting for their favorites for the past four weeks.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Georgia Attraction are as follows:
- Callaway Gardens - Pine Mountain
- Atlanta Botanical Garden - Atlanta
- The Big House Museum - Macon
- Georgia Aquarium - Atlanta
- Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge
- Atlanta History Center - Atlanta
- Cumberland Island National Seashore
- Ocmulgee National Monument - Macon
- Savannah Historic District - Savannah
- Center for Civil and Human Rights - Atlanta
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Allison Entrekin, Caroline Eubanks (ThisIsMySouth.com), Judy and Len Garrison (Seeing Southern), Cory Lee (CurbFreeWithCoryLee.com), Renata Parker, Jan Schroder (Girl on the Go) and Annita Thomas were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Georgia.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo