Palmer House Hotel Wins Best Haunted Hotel!
1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa, Myrtles Plantation, Dauphine Orleans Hotel and Marshall House take top honors
Ghostly apparitions, faucets turning off and on, flickering lights, and eerie sounds are just a few of the things you may encounter at one of these hotels. We asked the readers of USA TODAY 10Best to vote for their favorite spooky stay and after four weeks the results are finally in!
The top 10 winners in the category of Best Haunted Hotel are as follows:
- Palmer House Hotel - Sauk Centre, Minn.
- 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa - Eureka Springs, Ark.
- Myrtles Plantation - St. Fancisville, La.
- Dauphine Orleans Hotel - New Orleans
- Marshall House - Savannah, Ga.
- Admiral Fell Inn - Baltimore
- Lemp Mansion - St. Louis
- Queen Mary - Long Beach, Calif.
- Jerome Grand Hotel - Jermone, Ariz.
- Stanley Hotel - Estates Park, Co.
The other nominees included: Bullock Hotel-Deadwood, S.D.; Congress Plaza Hotel - Chicago; Hotel del Coronado - Coronoado, Calif.; Jekyll Island Club Hotel- Jekyll Island, Ga.; Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast - Fall River, Mass.; Loews Don CeSar Hotel - St. Petersburg, Fla.; Menger Hotel - San Antonio; Omni Grove Park Inn - Asheville, N.C.; Omni Mount Washington Resort-Bretton Woods, N.H. and Sagamore Resort-Lake George, N.Y.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo