Art of Living Retreat Center Named Best Health & Wellness Resort
New Life Hiking Spa, Hilton Head Health, Lake Austin Spa Resort and Red Mountain Resort also winners
Who says vacationing has to be unhealthy? The growing popularity of health and wellness retreats in the U.S. is testament to our growing interest in fitness and longevity, even while traveling.
10Best editors used input from a panel of luxury travel and spa experts, industry awards and guest reviews to determine our 20 nominees for the category Best Hotel Spa. Then we turned it over to you to vote for your favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Health and Wellness Resort are as follows:
- Art of Living Retreat Center - Boone, N.C.
- New Life Hiking Spa - Killington, Vt.
- Hilton Head Health - Hilton Head, S.C.
- Lake Austin Spa Resort - Austin
- Red Mountain Resort - Ivins, Utah
- VeraVia - Carlsbad, Calif.
- Golden Door Spa Resort - San Marcos, Calif.
- The Ranch Malibu - Malibu, Calif.
- The Oaks at Ojai - Ojai, Calif.
- Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa - Miami
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Anne Dimon (Travel To Wellness), Dena Roché, Ava Roxanne Stritt (Spa Travel Gal), Marla Cimini (USA TODAY) and Yasmin Pullman (Luxury Travel Diary) were chosen based on their spa and luxury travel experience.
Additional nominees in this category included Aja Malibu, Cal-a-Vie Health Spa, California Health & Longevity Institute, Canyon Ranch, The Greenbrier, Longboat Key Club & Resort, Mii Amo, Miraval Resort & Spa, Rancho La Puerta and Sky Ranch.
Congratulations to all our winning resorts.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo