Mission Inn Hotel & Spa Wins Best Historic Hotel
The Peabody Memphis takes second place
Each of these classic lodgings, nominated for the title of Best Historic Hotel by a panel of hotel experts, has witnessed a great deal of history, and each has held true to its historic roots and unique sense of place.
In addition to our expert panel's input, 10Best editors considered industry awards and guest reviews to determine our 20 nominees. 10Best readers had four weeks to vote daily for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Historic Hotel are as follows:
- Mission Inn Hotel & Spa - Riverside, Calif.
- The Peabody Memphis - Memphis
- Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island, Mich.
- Condado Vanderbilt Hotel - San Juan, P.R.
- The Hermitage Hotel - Nashville
- French Lick Resort - French Lick, Ind.
- The American Club - Kohler, Wis.
- The Broadmoor - Colorado Springs
- Loews Don CeSar Hotel - St. Pete Beach, Fla.
- Wentworth Mansion - Charleston, S.C.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Lawrence Horwitz (Historic Hotels of America and Historic Hotels Worldwide), Marla Cimini (USA TODAY), Christopher Parr (Pursuitist) and Yasmin Pullman (Luxury Travel Diary) were chosen based on their luxury travel experience.
Other nominated hotels included Biltmore Hotel in Miami, Green Park Inn in Blowing Rocks, Hilton Chicago, The Jefferson in Washington, Omni Bedford Springs Resort in Bedford, Palmer House in Chicago, The Plaza in New York, The Royal Hawaiian in Honolulu, St. Regis New York and The Willard InterContinental in Washington.
Congratulations to all our winning historic hotels.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo