Best Iowa Attraction: Maquoketa Caves State Park
Surf Ballroom & Museum, Iowa 80 Trucking Museum, National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium and Grotto of the Redemption in top five
Germany colonies, covered bridges, college towns and some of the nation's most productive farms – this is Iowa. Attractions here are diverse, everything from movie sites and trucking museums to burial mounds and scenic drives along the Mighty Mississippi.
Our readers have been voting for their favorites for the past four weeks, and the results are in! The top 10 winners in the category Best Iowa Attraction are as follows:
- Maquoketa Caves State Park - Maquoketa
- Surf Ballroom & Museum - Clear Lake
- Iowa 80 Trucking Museum - Walcott
- National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium - Dubuque
- Grotto of the Redemption - West Bend
- Boone & Scenic Valley Railroad & Museum - Boone
- Pikes Peak State Park - McGregor
- National Czech and Slovak Museum - Cedar Rapids
- Field of Dreams Movie Site - Dyersville
- Amana Colonies
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Garrett Cornelison (@reallykindofamazing) and Lori Erickson were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Iowa.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo