USS Midway Named America's Best Museum Ship
Battleship USS Iowa takes second place
The Historic Naval Ships Association represents 188 historic vessels – battleships, destroyers, submarines and aircraft carriers to name a few – in twelve countries around the world. These museum ships, many of them in the United States, honor the men and women who served in the navy, educate the public about America's storied naval heritage and inspire the next generation to serve.
10Best editors nominated 20 outstanding vessels from the members of the Historic Naval Ship Association as nominees for Best Museum Ship, and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting daily for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Museum Ship are as follows:
- USS Midway - San Diego
- Battleship USS Iowa - Los Angeles
- Battleship Texas - La Porte, Texas
- Battleship North Carolina - Wilmington, N.C.
- USS Yorktown & USS Laffey - Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
- Battleship New Jersey - Camden, N.J.
- USS Massachusetts, Joseph Kennedy, Jr. & Lionfish - Fall River, Mass.
- USS Lexington - Corpus Christi, Texas
- Battleship Missouri - Honolulu
- USS Alabama & USS Drum - Mobile, Ala.
Other nominees for the category Best Museum Ship included the Cruiser Olympia & Submarine Becuna; SS Jeremiah O'Brien; U-505; USS Constellation, USS Torsk & USCGC Cutter Taney; USS Constitution & USS Cassin Young; USS Hornet, USS Intrepid & Submarine Growler; USS Nautilus; USS Pampanito and the USS Potomac.
Congratulations to all our wonderful winners!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo