Cape Lookout Named Best National Park Beach
Johnson Beach, Assateague Beach, West Beach and Sand Beach also winners
For beach-goers who like their sandy stretches on the natural side, it's hard to beat the scenic beaches located within U.S. National Park land. For the past four weeks, 10Best readers have been voting daily for their favorite national park beaches, and the results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best National Park Beach are as follows:
- Cape Lookout - Cape Lookout National Seashore
- Johnson Beach - Gulf Islands National Seashore
- Assateague Beach - Assateague Island National Seashore
- West Beach - Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore
- Sand Beach - Acadia National Park
- Rialto Beach - Olympic National Park
- Esch Road Beach - Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
- Cape Hatteras Beaches - Cape Hatteras National Seashore
- Coast Guard Beach - Cape Cod National Seashore
- Trunk Bay Beach - Virgin Islands National Park
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Walter McLeod (Clean Beaches Coalition) and David and Kay Scott were chosen based on their extensive beach knowledge and experience.
Additional nominees in this category included Apollo Beach at Canaveral National Seashore, Baker Beach at Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Crescent Beach at Redwood National and State Parks, Cumberland Island at Cumberland Island National Seashore, Garden Key at Dry Tortugas National Park, Honokohau Beach at Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park, Julian Bay Beach at Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, Limantour Beach at Point Reyes National Seashore, Malaquite Beach at Padre Island National Seashore and Sunken Forest at Fire Island National Seashore.
Congratulations to all our national park winners!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo
Build your own lists that you can easily reference or share stories with your friends.Login ×