Cape Breton Highlands National Park named best in Canada
Jasper National Park comes in second place
Canada's nearly 50 national parks were established to protect and preserve the country's 39 identified natural regions – wild places representative of and often unique to each province or territory. USA TODAY 10Best teamed up with a panel of Canadian travel writers to nominate 20 of the best national parks in Canada, and for the past four weeks, you've been voting for your favorites. The results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best National Park in Canada are as follows:
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park - Nova Scotia
- Jasper National Park - Alberta
- Riding Mountain National Park - Manitoba
- Banff National Park - Alberta
- Grasslands National Park - Saskatchewan
- Gros Morne National Park - Newfoundland and Labrador
- Fundy National Park - New Brunswick
- La Mauricie National Park - Quebec
- Prince Albert National Park - Saskatchewan
- Pacific Rim National Park Reserve - British Columbia
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Gregory B. Gallagher (Michelin Green Guide Canada 2017), Janet Gyenes, Maureen Littlejohn, Jody Robbins (25 Places in Canada Every Family Should Visit), Jenn Smith Nelson (travelandhappiness.com) and Nadine Sykora (Hey Nadine) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Canada.
Congratulations to all these winning national parks!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo