Best National Park Wildlife Experience: Bear Viewing at Brooks Camp
Old Fall River Road Trip is runner up
America's national parks not only showcase some of the country's most beautiful scenery, they protect vital habitats for an incredible diversity of wildlife. 10Best editors and the National Park Foundation teamed up to find the best wildlife experiences – both concession tours and ranger-led programs – within the National Park Service system. We asked USA TODAY 10Best readers vote for their favorite experiences from a pool of 20 nominees, and after four weeks of voting, the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best National Park Wildlife Experience are as follows:
- Bear Viewing at Brooks Camp - Katmai National Park
- Old Fall River Road Trip - Rocky Mountain National Park
- Wake Up to Wildlife - Yellowstone National Park
- Frenchman Bay Cruise - Acadia National Park
- Tundra Wilderness Tour - Denali National Park
- Wilderness Canoe Tours - Congaree National Park
- Big Sky Circle Tour - Glacier National Park
- Shark Valley Tram Tours - Everglades National Park
- Glacier Bay Tour Boat - Glacier Bay National Park
- Sensational Salamanders - Great Smoky Mountains National Park
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts David French (National Park Foundation) and Audrey Peterman were chosen based on their knowledge of the national park system.
Additional nominees in this category included the Bat Flight at Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Heart of the Swamp Canoe Trip at Big Cypress National Preserve, Island Wildlife Cruise at Channel Islands National Park, Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise, Science on the Shore at Olympic National Park, Science Saturdays at North Cascades National Park, Sunday Morning Coffee Walks at Saint Croix National Scenic Riverway, Teton Science Schools Wildlife Expedition at Grand Teton National Park, Synergy in the Desert: The Sonoran Habitat at Saguaro National Park and Turtle Talks on the Beach at Kaloko-Honokōhau National Historical Park.
Congratulations to all our winning national park wildlife programs! Looking for a perfect national park experience for your next vacation? Visit FindYourPark.com to get ideas for exploring our more than 400 national parks.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo
Build your own lists that you can easily reference or share stories with your friends.Login ×