Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad wins Best New Mexico Attraction
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs is runner up
New Mexico is called the Land of Enchantment for good reason. Culturally, the state is a melting pot of Native American, Anglo and Hispanic cultures. The natural landscapes are equally diverse – everything from subterranean caverns and vast sand dunes to aspen-covered slopes and snow-capped mountain peaks.
For the last four weeks, USA TODAY 10Best readers have been voting for their favorite New Mexico attractions.
The top 10 winners in the category Best New Mexico Attraction are as follows:
- Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad - Chama
- Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs - Ojo Caliente
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park - Carlsbad
- Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness - Farmington
- Sandia Peak Tramway - Albuquerque
- Bandelier National Monument - Los Alamos
- Old Town - Albuquerque
- White Sands National Monument - Alamagordo
- Chaco Canyon
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Jamie Lewinger (More Than Turquoise) and 10Best editor Lydia Schrandt were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in New Mexico.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo