Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum named Best Oklahoma Attraction
Beavers Bend State Park comes in second
Situated at a cultural and geographic crossroads of the United States, Oklahoma is home to 39 Native American tribes, a dozen ecosystems, two transcontinental highways and more than 200 man-made lakes. Old West heritage is evident around every turn, and natural beauty abounds in this land where prairie and mountains collide.
We asked our readers to vote for their favorite state attractions, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Oklahoma Attraction are as follows:
- Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum - Oklahoma City
- Beavers Bend State Park - Broken Bow
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum - Oklahoma City
- Tallgrass Prairie Preserve - Pawhuska
- Great Salt Plains State Park - Jet
- Science Museum Oklahoma - Oklahoma City
- Black Mesa State Park - Kenton
- Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge - Indiahoma
- Museum of the Great Plains - Lawton
- Woolaroc Museum & Wildlife Preser - Bartlesville
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Kim Baker (Oklahomaphotography.com), Deborah Bouziden, Dennis Spielman (Uncovering Oklahoma) and Wesley Treat (Weird Oklahoma) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in the state.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo