Splashin' Safari wins Best Outdoor Water Park 2017!
Lost Island Waterpark, Hurricane Harbor, Carolina Harbor and Noah's Ark also winners
When the summer gets hot, there are few better ways to cool off than a day at a water park. According to the World Waterpark Association, there are more than 1,200 water parks in the United States, and 10Best set out to find the best.
For the past four weeks, our readers have been voting daily for their favorite American outdoor water parks from a pool of 20 nominees. The results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Outdoor Water Park are as follows:
- Splashin' Safari - Santa Claus, Ind.
- Lost Island Waterpark - Waterloo, Iowa
- Hurricane Harbor - Atlanta
- Carolina Harbor - Charlotte
- Noah's Ark - Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
- Schlitterbahn - New Braunfels, Texas
- Water World - Denver
- Dollywood’s Splash Country - Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
- Knott's Soak City - Buena Park, Calif.
- LEGOLAND Florida Water Park - Winter Haven, Fla.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Jacqui Boland (Red Tricycle) and Mommy Nearest (mommynearest.com) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of family travel in the U.S.
Congratulations to all 10 of these winning outdoor water parks!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo