Aransas National Wildlife Refuge Wins Best Place for Birding!
Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge/Magee Marsh, Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary and Francis Beidler Forest in top five
Birdwatching is a huge pastime in the USA, so 10Best teamed up with a panel of bird and wildlife experts who nominated their favorite places for the title of Best Place for Birding. After four weeks of reader voting, the results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Place for Birding are as follows:
- Aransas National Wildlife Refuge - Texas
- Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge/Magee Marsh - Ohio
- Hawk Mountain Sanctuary - Pennsylvania
- Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary - Florida
- Francis Beidler Forest - South Carolina
- Rowe Sanctuary - Nebraska
- Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge - Hawaii
- Cape May National Wildlife Refuge - New Jersey
- Sky Islands - Arizona
- Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge - New Mexico
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts David Houghton (National Wildlife Refuge Association), Matt Johnson and Stephen W. Kress (National Audubon Society) and David Mizejewski (National Wildlife Federation) were chosen based on their extensive knowledge of American wildlife.
Additional nominees for this honor included Big Bend National Park in Texas, Big Cypress National Preserve in Florida, Eastern Egg Rock in Maine, Everglades National Park in Florida, Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge in New York, J.N. "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge in Florida, Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge in Texas, Monterey Bay in California, Nome in Alaska and Point Reyes National Seashore in California.
Congratulations to all our winning parks and refuges!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo