South Dakota Attractions Score Tops
The public has spoken, as we reveal the top getters in our latest Readers' Choice contest, for Best Presidential Attraction. If you're looking for a list of places to take the family this summer, we cna' think of a better list. History definitely comes alive in each of these winning locations.
The contest nominee which resonated most with readers of USA TODAY and 10Best was the dual entry from South Dakota: Mt. Rushmore and the presidential monuments in nearby Rapid City.
The 10 contest winners also included two beloved stops in our nation's capital, two presidential libraries, three former residential estates, one wildlife preserve and the scene of a tragedy which changed America forever.
All winners in the 'Best Presidential Attraction' contest category are as follows:
- Mt. Rushmore & City of Presidents - Rapid City, SD
- Ronald Reagan Presidential Library - LA, CA
- The Hermitage - Nashville, TN
- JFK Presidential Library & Museum - Boston, MA
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park - Medora, ND
- Monticello - Charlottesville, VA
- Mount Vernon - Alexandria, VA
- Lincoln Memorial - Washington, DC
- The White House - Washington, DC
- Sixth Floor Museum - Dallas, TX
Congratulations to all our winners! We're proud to recommend you as attractions in our great nation. License the 10Best Reader's Choice Award Logo