Mission Inn Festival of Lights Wins Top Honors
- Browse All Contests
- Chosen by readers of USA TODAY and 10Best
St. Augustine, Charleston, Couer d'Alene and Pine Mountain displays also winners
The competition for Best Public Lights Display was intense, and from the 20 nominees selected by Deborah Norville of Inside Edition, the Festival of Lights at the Mission Inn Hotel & Spa in Riverside, Calif. came out on top, earning the honor of being called America's Best Public Lights Display.
The free SoCal holiday event transforms Main Street and the Mission Inn into a twinkling winter wonderland, complete with SoCal weather. How can you beat that?
Night of Lights in Downtown St. Augustine on the opposite side of the country came close, with a solid second place finish. Rounding out the top five were the Holiday Festival of Lights in Charleston, Holiday Lights Show in Coeur d'Alene and Fantasy in Lights in Pine Mountain.
The winners of 'Best Public Lights Display' category in our USA TODAY 10Best Readers' Choice contest are as follows:
- Festival of Lights - Mission Inn Hotel & Spa
- Nights of Lights - Downtown St. Augustine
- Holiday Festival of Lights - James Island
- Holiday Lights Show - Coeur d'Alene Resort
- Fantasy in Lights - Callaway Gardens
- Magic Christmas in Lights - Bellingrath Gardens
- Christmas on Main Street - Silver Dollar City
- Dominion Garden of Lights-Norfolk Botanical Garden
- Garden Lights - Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Legendary Lights of Clifton Mill - Clifton Mill
Congratulations to all our winners. Many of these displays run through the end of the year, so get out and enjoy some holiday cheer!
License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo