Squaw Valley Named Best Ski Resort in North America!
Deer Valley, Big Sky, Taos Ski Valley and Stowe Mountain Resorts also winners
It's ski season, and USA TODAY 10Best set out to find North America's top skiing and snowboarding resorts. We recruited a panel of pro skiers and snowboarders (including several Olympians) to nominate their 20 favorite North American resorts, and our readers have been voting daily for their favorites for the past four weeks. The results are in, and we have a winner!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Ski Resort are as follows:
- Squaw Valley Resort - Olympic Valley, Calif.
- Deer Valley Resort - Park City, Utah
- Big Sky Resort - Big Sky, Mont.
- Taos Ski Valley - Taos, N.M.
- Stowe Mountain Resort - Stowe, Vt.
- Whistler Blackcomb - Whistler, B.C.
- Grand Targhee Ski Resort - Alta, Wyo.
- Aspen Snowmass - Aspen, Colo.
- Alta Ski Resort - Alta, Utah
- Mt. Bachelor - Bend, Ore.
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Abby Ghent, Caroline Gleich, Elena Hight and Megan McJames were chosen based on their extensive ski and snowboard experience.
Other nominees for Best Ski Resort included Alyeska Resort, Bridger Bowl, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Mt. Baker, Park City Mountain Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort, Sun Valley Resort and Telluride Ski Resort.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo