Huntington Beach Named Best West Coast Beach!
Kaanapali Beach, Hulopoe Bay, Crystal Cove State Park and Cannon Beach also winners
Big sand, big waves and big sunsets – welcome to the Pacific Coast! Whether in California, Oregon, Washington or Hawaii, the West Coast boasts some of the best sandy real estate in the nation, no matter what your beach style. 10Best readers have been voting daily for their favorites for the past four weeks, and the results are in.
Huntington Beach, previous winner of the title Best California Beach, took home top honors again, this time, competing against beaches in Oregon, Washington and Hawaii.
The top 10 winners in the category Best West Coast Beach are as follows:
- Huntington Beach - Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Kaanapali Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- Hulopoe Bay - Lanai, Hawaii
- Crystal Cove State Park - Laguna Beach, Calif.
- Cannon Beach - Cannon Beach, Ore.
- Rialto Beach - Olympic Peninsula, Wash.
- Carmel Beach - Carmel-by-the-Sea, Calif.
- Little Corona del Mar Beach - Corona Del Mar, Calif.
- La Jolla Cove & Shores - La Jolla, Calif.
- Coronado Municipal Beach - Coronado, Calif.
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Katie Dillon (La Jolla Mom), Veronica Hill (California Travel Tips) and Walter McLeod (Clean Beaches Coalition,) were chosen based on their extensive beach knowledge and experience.
Other West Coast Beach nominees included East Beach in Santa Barbara, Kaunaoa Beach on the Big Island, Kee Beach in Kauai, Lanikai Beach in Oahu, Pfeiffer Beach in Big Sur, Poipu Beach Park in Kauai, Oswald West State Park in Manzanita, Waianapanapa State Park in Maui, Wailea in Maui and Waimanalo Beach in Oahu.
Congratulations to all 10 winning West Coast beaches.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo
Build your own lists that you can easily reference or share stories with your friends.Login ×