The Greenbrier wins title of Best West Virginia Attraction
Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum comes in second place
When city slickers from East Coast urban centers like Baltimore, Philadelphia and DC need a breath of fresh air, they go to West Virginia. The too often overlooked Mountain State enjoys more than a million acres of federally protected lands, as well as an additional 200,000 acres of state parks and recreational areas – a varied landscape for all sorts of outdoor adventures.
We asked a panel of West Virginia travel experts to nominate their favorite state attractions. For the last four weeks, 10Best readers have been voting daily for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best West Virginia Attraction are as follows:
- The Greenbrier - White Sulphur Springs
- Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum - Weston
- Mountain Stage - Charleston
- New River Gorge National River
- Green Bank Observatory - Green Bank
- Lost World Caverns - Lewisburg
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park - Harpers Ferry
- Blackwater Falls State Park - Davis
- Hatfield-McCoy Trails
- Blennerhassett Island Historical State Park - Parkersburg
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo