Mini Museum Named Best Arts & Crafts Maker in the USA!
Lily & Val, Emily Jeffords, Sunny Mullarkey Studio and 1767 in top five
Traditional arts and crafts are the foundation on which the American maker culture has been built. These 10 makers, nominated by a panel of experts in the maker movement and voted to the top by 10Best and USA TODAY readers, celebrate art and creativity through thoughtfully designed (and often handmade) items ranging from letterpress paper goods to up-cycled sculpture.
The top 10 winners in the category Makers in the USA: Best Arts & Crafts are as follows:
- Mini Museum - Limited edition collectables
- Lily & Val - Letter design & chalkboard art
- Emily Jeffords - Mixed media paintings
- Sunny Mullarkey Studio - Linocut prints
- 1767 - Reclaimed wood wall art
- 7 Ton Design and Letterpress Co. - Letterpress paper goods
- JunkArtGypsyz - Vintage-inspired marquees
- Alison Brynn Ross - Wire taxidermy
- Craftbelly - Home decor & paper goods
- Doug's Refried Robots - Recycled sculpture
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Suzy Ekman (Makers Market), Erin Godbey (Makers Collective), Dayna Isom Johnson (Etsy) and Sid Orlando (Kickstarter) were chosen based on their expertise of the makers movement.
Additional nominees in this category included Electric Objects, Heather Lins Home, Ink Meets Paper, Jenny Highsmith, Jordan Grace Owens, Resident, Rustic Luv Decor, Studio KMO, Thomas Houha Designs and Waterstone Succulents.
Congratulations to all our arts & crafts makers!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo
Build your own lists that you can easily reference or share stories with your friends.Login ×