Also Featured In
The Musical Instrument Museum, also known as the MIM, celebrates art, music and culture by documenting the history of musical instruments from around the world. Everyone from Carlos Santana to Tony... Read More
The Musical Instrument Museum, also known as the MIM, celebrates art, music and culture by documenting the history of musical instruments from around the world. Everyone from Carlos Santana to Tony Bennett have sung the praises of this bright, open museum, which also hosts a full calendar of live music events. The museum collection includes instruments from 200 countries from around the world, with emphasis on ethnic, folk, and tribal music. Guests are given wireless headsets so they can hear instruments being played at each display, and flat-panel monitors throughout the museum give guests the opportunity to see instruments being performed live. Whether you love Chinese opera or Big Band jazz, the MIM celebrates the joy of musical expression in all its forms.
- Best Attractions & Activities, Things to Do with Kids, Museums, Family-Friendly Museums: "Check the daily schedule for Museum Encounters, thirty-minute musical demonstrations that allow musician-teaching artists to perform for and interact with museum guests. Museum Encounters are free with admission."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Musical Instrument Museum is one of the most unique museums in the country. Come here to learn about music from every region on Earth.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Musical Instrument Museum is a unique family-friendly museum with a vast collection of world instruments.
- Best for Museums Because: The Musical Instrument Museum is the only museum in the country of its kind, a fun and informative look at music-making around the world.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Kids and parents will love exploring this unique museum, which collects and displays musical instruments from every corner of the world.