Also Featured In
Once a humble downtown Phoenix food truck, Short Leash Hot Dogs is now one of downtown Phoenix's most-loved local eateries. The restaurant specializes in gourmet hot dogs - but these are not your... Read More
Once a humble downtown Phoenix food truck, Short Leash Hot Dogs is now one of downtown Phoenix's most-loved local eateries. The restaurant specializes in gourmet hot dogs - but these are not your typical ballpark hot dogs. They come wrapped in toasty, pillowy naan bread and topped with an assortment of unique, fresh ingredients. For example, there's the currywurst, a knockwurst sausage slow-cooked in a tomato and onion curry broth and then topped with crunchy onions. The results are playful and delicious. New hot dog specials grace the menu regularly. Don't miss the "Rollover" menu, featuring a delightful mix of gourmet donuts, including the infamous "The Bear" doughnut, a smoked gouda and bacon donut filled with peanut butter custard and topped with cracker jacks. The flavors are initially confusing, but ultimate a palate-pleaser.
110 East Roosevelt Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Family Friendly: "Try any of the signature dogs on the menu with a veggie dog. The menu also offers specialty donuts for dessert."
- Vegetarian, Lunch: "Try any of the signature dogs on the menu with a veggie dog. The menu also offers specialty salads."
- Restaurants near US Airways Center: "Try the poutine!"
- Roosevelt Row (RoRo)'s Best Restaurants: "Don't miss the doughnut menu. The doughnuts are made fresh and feature a variety of unusual and gourmet toppings."
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Short Leash Hot Dogs offers a fun, casual family-friendly atmosphere - board games are strewn around the dining room - and an accessible menu.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: Vegetarian and vegan diners dining at Short Leash Hot Dogs can substitute veggie hot dogs for almost all dishes on this eatery's fun, eclectic menu.
- Best for Lunch Because: For a fun, relaxed lunch in downtown Phoenix, Short Leash Hot Dogs is the place to go.
- Best for Restaurants near US Airways Center Because: If you're looking for a fun, casual spot near downtown Phoenix and Talking Stick Arena, try Short Leash Hot Dogs.
- Best for Roosevelt Row (RoRo)'s Best Restaurants Because: Short Leash Hot Dogs offers a huge selection of gourmet hot dogs and flavor-bending donuts.