Also Featured In
The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is one of Tucson's star attractions, with good reason. Part zoo, part natural history museum, and part botanical garden, the facility is set on 21 acres and is home to... Read More
The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is one of Tucson's star attractions, with good reason. Part zoo, part natural history museum, and part botanical garden, the facility is set on 21 acres and is home to numerous animals that roam freely within invisibly-fenced enclosures. After checking out the exhibits in the main visitor center, wander along two miles of paved pathways, where you can catch sight of endangered species such as the Mexican wolf, thick-billed parrot, ocelot, margay, jaguarundi, and the Gila topminnow; and not-so-endangered critters like leafcutter ants, black bears, river otters, bighorn sheep, coatis, beavers, coyote, javelinas, black-tailed prairie dogs, termites and roadrunners. And don't miss the captivating cactus garden or the Hummingbird Aviary!
- Mar: -; May Daily; 7:30am-5pm Jun; -; Aug Mon-Fri; 7:30am-3pm
- Sat: 7:30am-10pm
- Sun: 7:30am-5pm Sep Daily; 7:30am-5pm Oct; -; Feb Daily; 8:30am-5pm
- Adult $19.50; Senior (65+) $17.50; Child (13-17) $15.50; Child (3-12) $8
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum gives kids an up-close look at the fauna and flora of the Sonoran desert.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Meandering cobblestone nature paths and lush desert gardens make the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum a great romantic destination.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is a uniquely Tucson attraction that showcases the natural flora and fauna of the Sonoran desert.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is a unique outdoor museum showcasing the natural flora and fauna of the Sonoran Desert.
- Best for Museums Because: The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum celebrates the natural history, flora and fauna of Tucson's Sonoran Desert, helping bring to life the story of the desert.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is a fun, educational outdoor museum the whole family will love.