Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Given its abundant supply of coffee beans, Brazil has been surprisingly slow to pick up on the coffee bar trend, but Cafeina is one spot where caffeine boosts are more inventive than simply... Read More
Given its abundant supply of coffee beans, Brazil has been surprisingly slow to pick up on the coffee bar trend, but Cafeina is one spot where caffeine boosts are more inventive than simply with-or-without-milk. Alongside a range of cappuccinos, lattes and espressos, there are some seriously tasty cakes, pastries and other goodies that make wonderfully indulgent companions to a creamy coffee. Sandwiches here are good lunch options, and the place also serves lavish breakfasts and afternoon teas. A good place to linger over a book with a good cup of strong coffee, Cafeina has truly earned a place in locals' hearts.
Rua Farme de Amoedo 43
Rio de Janeiro, 22410
- Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Take Out: "If you want a hearty start to the day but are keen to keep in trim for the beach, opt for the low-fat breakfast platter with plenty of fresh fruit and wholegrains."
- Breakfast/Brunch: "Hungry but keeping an eye on your beach body? There's a low-fat breakfast platter with plenty of fresh fruit and wholegrains."
- Best for Breakfast Because: Locals flock here at breakfast time and throughout the day for great coffee, cakes and pastries as
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: Excellent coffee and gorgeous cakes and savory pastries are on offer all day - and all night - at Cafeina.
- Best for Brunch Because: Cafeina serves delicious coffee, cakes and sandwiches at all hours of the day.
- Best for Late Night Because: The sophisticated finger foods on offer at Q Bar work work perfectly with after-dark cocktails.
- Best for Take Out Because: Cafeina serves excellent coffee and tasty sweet and savory snacks to eat on the hoof.