Photo courtesy of Fabienne D/Flickr
Rua Barão da Torre, 240
Rio de Janeiro, 22411-000
- Ipanema's Best Restaurants: "The breakfasts - served all day - are the stars of the show here"
- Breakfast: "The all-day breakfasts are the perfect hangover cure if you've overdone it on the caipirinhas the night before."
- Breakfast/Brunch, Vegetarian: "The breakfasts - served all day - are the stars of the show here"
- Brunch: "The muffins, cooked breakfasts and burgers here are all good, but the bagels don't quite hit the mark."
- Group Friendly: "This is one of very few places in Rio to serve Bloody Mary cocktails, and the ones here are very good."
- Family Friendly: "This is perhaps the only place in Rio serving bottomless coffee, so make the most of it."
- Best for Ipanema's Best Restaurants Because: Yummy food and good Bloody Mary cocktails make this a good spot to start a night out in Ipanema
- Best for Breakfast Because: Gringo Cafe's breakfasts are a huge hit with Rio's ex-pat Americans, and have won locals over too.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: The all-day breakfasts at Gringo Cafe will satisfy any craving for US-style comfort food
- Best for Vegetarian Because: There are plenty of meat-free cakes and breakfast options at this popular Ipanema hangout.
- Best for Brunch Because: Gringo Cafe offers North Americans a taste of home, with all-day breakfasts and endless coffee refills.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Gringo Cafe is a popular choice for social events amont Rio's ex-pat community, but attracts locals too.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: If the kids are pining for a good old American breakfast, this is the place to come.