Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Brazilian celebrity Chef Felipe Bronze performs culinary alchemy at this super-trendy Jardim Botanico restaurant. The menu largely eschews main dishes in favor of a dazzling array of small plates, and... Read More
Brazilian celebrity Chef Felipe Bronze performs culinary alchemy at this super-trendy Jardim Botanico restaurant. The menu largely eschews main dishes in favor of a dazzling array of small plates, and Brazilian ingredients are given a contemporary spin through the use of innovative cooking methods, scientific know-how and a seemingly endless imagination. Cases in point include tiny cones made of acai 'paper' and filled with tapioca, white fish and fruits from Brazil's northeast. The culinary party tricks continue with dessert, and the dishes are as tasty as they are innovatively presented. Those who frown upon contemporary restaurants' sometimes 'out there' food presentation will wince at the lack of traditional plates here, but if you're after food as grand theater, this is the place to come.
- Best Restaurants: "Splurge on one of the taster menus - comprising five, seven or nine courses - if you want to get the best Oro experience."
- Fine Dining: "Try one of the tasting menus to get the full measure of the Oro experience"
- Jardim Botanico's Best Restaurants: "Save room for dessert - these colorful creations are as delicious as they are beautiful."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: This Michelin-starred restaurant is one of Rio's most exciting restaurants
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Under the auspices of celebrity chef Felipe Bronze, Oro delivers exciting-and delicious-foodie adventures
- Best for Jardim Botanico's Best Restaurants Because: A celebrity chef, stylish setting and ultra-contemporary menu make Oro one of Rio's most talked about restaurants.