Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Rio is synonymous with samba, and the city's historical downtown district of Lapa should be the first port of call for anybody looking to hear the real thing played live. At Rio Scenarium, the... Read More
Rio is synonymous with samba, and the city's historical downtown district of Lapa should be the first port of call for anybody looking to hear the real thing played live. At Rio Scenarium, the kooky factor is ramped up to 11 thanks to the fact that this vast venue for samba shows is also a storage space for antiques and film props, so fascinating costumes, masks and other historical artefacts form the backdrop to the dancing, eating and drinking. Even if you have two left feet it is worth a visit here just to see the highy skilled locals show how samba dancing should be done, and there's a restaurant serving sit-down meals for those who just want to take in the show.
- Best for Lapa's Best Nightlife Because: The quality samba, lively atmosphere and unique decor make this an unmissable nightlife experience.
- Best for Night Clubs Because: Samba dancing in an antiques warehouse is a unique experience that only Rio Scenarium can deliver.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: This classic samba spot continues to draw hordes of visitors and fleet-footed locals.
- Best for Nightlife near Estádio do Maracanã Because: Tourists and locals alike flock to this classic downtown samba club.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: This popular spot buzzes every night of the week and is a great place to admire the locals' samba skills
- Best for Live Music Because: Quality live samba music every day of the week combined with a props-museum setting make for a unique night out.