Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
This impressive domed building in the heart of Rio's downtown 'cultural quarter' was formerly the headquarters of the Bank of Brasil, and today is an arts center hosting visiting exhibitions from big... Read More
This impressive domed building in the heart of Rio's downtown 'cultural quarter' was formerly the headquarters of the Bank of Brasil, and today is an arts center hosting visiting exhibitions from big name international artists. There are regular classical music and live theater performances, as well as cinema screenings and a program of children's events on Saturdays - including free film screenings and arts workshops. More than just a rainy day option, CCBB (as the center is commonly known in Rio) is a must-visit for culturally-minded visitors to Rio. The building itself is noteworthy, and there's a cafe serving good coffee, sandwiches and more elaborate lunches.
- Things to Do with Kids: "While many Rio cultural centers close on Mondays, CCBB is closed on Tuesdays"
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Set aside a few hours for a visit here, as there's plenty to see."
- Museums: "There´s a good kids´library upstairs, and free children´s cinema screenings at weekends"
- Attractions near Cruise Port: "While many Rio museums close on Mondays, CCBB closes on Tuesdays."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: There´s a good children's library upstairs, and free kids' cinema screenings at weekends.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: There are regular children's theater and film events here, and older children will enjoy some of the more interactive exhibitions.
- Best for Museums Because: CCBB hosts impressive art exhibitions in a grand old building.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: CCBB hosts big name art exhibitions and events in a grand old building.