Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Lucy Bryson
Praia de Copacabana
Rio de Janeiro,
- Beaches: "Petty thieves continue to be a problem on Copacabana beach, so don´t bring many valuables and never leave your belongings unattended."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Things to Do with Kids, Outdoor Activities, Sightseeing: "Give a polite but firm shake of the head to the many beach vendors if you don't want to buy their wares - some can be pushy if they think there's a chance of a sale."
- Best for Beaches Because: Copacabana is arguably the most famous beach in the world, and the soft curve of white sand offers unlimited people-watching possibilities.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Rio de Janeiro is arguable the world's most famous beach, and is worth a visit for the people-watching alone.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The farthest point from Ipanema, known as Leme, sees parents carving holes in the sand to make safe pools to splash in.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Copacabana beach attracts soccer players, volleyball enthusiasts, runners and other sporty types.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Copacabana Beach is arguably the most famous stretch of sand in the world.