Photo courtesy of Lucy Bryson
Rua Professor Eurico Rabelo, Maracanã
Rio de Janeiro,
- Holiday Attractions: "Don't wear club colors here on big match days, the rivalry between Brazilian teams is extremely fierce."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Things to Do with Kids, Sightseeing, Family-Friendly Museums, Museums: "Don't wear club colors here on match days, the rivalry between Brazilian teams is fierce to say the least."
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: Big ticket games often take place on public holidays, and the atmosphere for these matches is always electric.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Maracana is a legendary soccer stadium, and received a huge revamp ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: There are major bragging rights to be gleaned from attending a match at the mighty Maracana.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Maracana is a legend among soccer stadiums, take a tour here or soak up the atmosphere at a game.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The soccer museum at Maracana Stadium will wow sports-loving kids and teens.
- Best for Museums Because: Soccer fans can make behind-the-scenes visits to the legendary stadium and take a peek at memorabilia from Brazilian sports history.