Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
This beautiful park, located right next door to Rio de Janeiro´s famous Botanical Gardens, is largely overlooked by tourists. More fool them, as the park is home to one of the most spectacular... Read More
This beautiful park, located right next door to Rio de Janeiro´s famous Botanical Gardens, is largely overlooked by tourists. More fool them, as the park is home to one of the most spectacular builldings in the city, framed by the figure of Chriar the Redeemer atop his mountain perch. This building is currently home to an art school, and there are regular exhibitions, and is also the location for a coffee shop and restaurant that make great options for a leisurely brunch. The park may be recognisable to hip hop fans - it appears in the video for Beautiful, by Snoop Dogg and Pharell.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The vast gardens, complete with caves and small aquariums, are fun for kids to explore.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Parque Lage remains little visited by tourists - bring a picnic for an afternoon's escape from the crowds.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Parque Lage can be a relaxed picnic spot or the starting point for hikes into the Tijuca National Park.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The arts school here is a stunning building hosting interesting exhibitions, while the caves and caverns in the grounds appeal to kids.
- Best for Museums Because: The art school at Parque Lage is a lovely setting for displays by up and coming artists.