Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Lucy Bryson
Rio de Janeiro,
- Romantic Things to Do, Best Attractions & Activities, Tours and Excursions, Sightseeing, Family-Friendly Museums, Museums, Attractions near Cruise Port: "Head to Santa Teresa on a sunny Sunday afternoon to catch craft fairs, street samba and a welcome change from the packed beaches of the Zona Sul."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The cobbled streets and grand mansion houses of Santa Teresa make this a lovely spot exploring, and there are lots of options for romantic dining.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: This breezy hilltop neighborhood has a small village feel and is home to some of the finest colonial buildings in Rio.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: Coming to Santa Teresa is literally a breath of fresh air - mountain breezes temper the tropical heat in this hipster hangout.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Santa Teresa's colonial mansions and small village-feel make it one of Rio's most charming neighborhoods.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Santa Teresa is a veritable open-air museum, packed as it is with historic mansion houses.
- Best for Museums Because: With its cobbled streets and old mansions, Santa Teresa is a living museum showcasing Rio's colonial past.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: Santa Teresa is home to Rio's most impressive colonial architecture.