Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Brazilians like to combine drinking with dining, and this upscale nightspot, located inside Gavea's famous planetarium, no less takes both activities extremely seriously. There's a formal dining... Read More
Brazilians like to combine drinking with dining, and this upscale nightspot, located inside Gavea's famous planetarium, no less takes both activities extremely seriously. There's a formal dining room as well as a lounge and a dancefloor, and a mezzanine level for those who prefer to nibble on sushi and other sophisticated finger foods while watching the beautiful people glide around the dance floor. While the crowd is refreshingly wide in age range, from students to older couples, it is almost exclusively upper middle class. Dress is smart by Brazilian standards - n0 shorts or flip flops- and prices are far from cheap.
Avenida Padre Leonel Franca 240
Rio de Janeiro, Gavea
- Night Clubs, Dance Clubs, Live Music: "Head here around 9pm to allow for leisurely dining in the restaurant before hitting the dancefloor at around 11, while there's still space to move your feet."
- Best Nightlife: "You can choose to visit either just the restaurant or just the nightclub, but for a sophisticated night out with drinking and dining all under one star-speckled roof, it's worth paying a visit to both."
- Best for Night Clubs Because: Zero Zero is one of Rio's best-established and best-loved nightclubs.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: This funky club is a longstanding favorite among Rio party people.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: This is one of Rio´s more sophisticated clubbing spots, and a good place to eat, drink and dance.
- Best for Live Music Because: The vibe here manages to be young, hip and sophisticated without feeling overly elitist.