Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
It might not look like much, but this unassuming hole in the wall bar in Copacabana is one of the top spots in RIo to hear live music. The location on a Copacabana backstreet manages to attract some... Read More
It might not look like much, but this unassuming hole in the wall bar in Copacabana is one of the top spots in RIo to hear live music. The location on a Copacabana backstreet manages to attract some of the most skilled musicians in town, who come here for impromptu jam sessions, much to the patrons' delight. Laid back and relaxed, this is not the spot for a glamorous night out, but for some quality samba, bossa nova or choro in intimate surrounds, bip bip is the place. Drinks are limited to self-served beers from the fridge, but the quality of the music makes this well worth a visit.
Rua Goncalves 50
Rio de Janeiro, 20251
21 2267 9696
- Mon,: Wed-Thu; 9pm-Midnight
- Tue: 9pm-Noon
- Fri-Sat: 8pm-1am
- Sun: 6pm-10pm
- Night Clubs: "The musical menu features delicate choro sounds on Mondays and Tuesday, bossa nova on Wednesdays, and Samba from Thursday through Sunday"
- Copacabana's Best Nightlife, Copacabana's Best Beach Bars, Live Music, Bars: "Dress down, rather than dress to impress, if you want to fit in with the locals at this neighborhood bar."
- Best for Night Clubs Because: This tiny bar has a street party vibe and is the best place in Rio for live samba
- Best for Copacabana's Best Nightlife Because: This unassuming, informal bar sees top musicians gather for live jam sessions.
- Best for Copacabana's Best Beach Bars Because: It's a block back from the beach, but this legendary live music venue continues the ultra-laid back vibe
- Best for Live Music Because: Bip Bip's live jam sessions are legendary among music lovers in Rio
- Best for Bars Because: This tiny bar is the setting for top quality live music.