Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Located high on a jungle-clad hillside in Santa Teresa, Aprazivel is worth a visit for the views alone. Wisely making the most of the sweeping vistas over downtown Rio, the owners have made... Read More
Located high on a jungle-clad hillside in Santa Teresa, Aprazivel is worth a visit for the views alone. Wisely making the most of the sweeping vistas over downtown Rio, the owners have made al-fresco dining the order of the day, with grass-roofed gazebos sitting amid lush tropical gardens visited by toucans and monkeys. At night, the scene is lit by candles and flickering fairy lights which, when combined with the views and the delicious French-Brazilian dishes on the menu, makes this one of the best spots in Rio for a romantic meal. Chef Ana Castilho has combined Brazilian culinary influences with tricks of the trade learned during her training in France, and the result is a menu of light dishes that add some chic French touches to the wealth of fresh fruit, vegetables, meat and seafood available locally.
- Best for Santa Teresa's Best Restaurants Because: Delicious food is served al-fresco in beautiful tropical gardens at this hidden hilltop restaurant.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The lovely candle-lit garden is a wonderfully romantic spot for an evening meal.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Beautiful tropical gardens with terrific views make this a lovely spot on a balmy evening.
- Best for Lunch Because: This upscale Santa Teresa restaurant offers terrific views by day or by night
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: The crisp, fresh salads and inventive chicken and fish dishes are as appealing as the panoramic views from Aprazivel's outdoor tables.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Aprazivel offers fine food and fine views, in a lovely tropical garden.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: The straw-roofed gazebos give a fun feel to fine dining at this French-Brazilian restaurant.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Aprazivel's huge tropical gardens, stunning city views and inventive menu makes it one of the most romantic spots for a meal in Rio.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Stunning views, delicious food and a delightful tropical garden give this restaurant a real wow factor.