Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Rio de Janeiro has traditionally been lacking coffee shops that have gone beyond with-or-without-milk, but this Argentine-owned spot in leafy Santa Teresa is one spot where a good cappuccino or cafe... Read More
Rio de Janeiro has traditionally been lacking coffee shops that have gone beyond with-or-without-milk, but this Argentine-owned spot in leafy Santa Teresa is one spot where a good cappuccino or cafe latte is guaranteed. Perfectly positioned on a picturesque balcony overlooking Santa Teresa's busiest street for drinking and dining, this is a great place for people watchers, and the range of sandwiches and breads makes it a good spot for a light lunch or late breakfast. There's a good range of cocktails and imported beers too, making it a popular option for early drinks before a night out in Santa Teresa or nearby Lapa.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Outdoor Dining: "On heat-soaked mornings, try the Frozen Cappuccino, made with ice cream and a double shot of espresso."
- Santa Teresa's Best Restaurants, Restaurants near Estádio do Maracanã, Best Value, Brunch, Family Friendly, Best Restaurants, Take Out, Restaurants near Cruise Port: "On warm afternoons, try the Frozen Cappuccino, made with ice cream and a double shot of espresso."
- Lunch: "On heat-soaked afternoons, try the Frozen Cappuccino, made with ice cream and a double shot of espresso."
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: The coffees at Cafecito are some of the best in Rio, and the leafy terrace is lovely.
- Best for Santa Teresa's Best Restaurants Because: Cafecito is one of few places in Rio to capture the essence of Cafe Society.
- Best for Lunch Because: With its delicious sandwiches, excellent coffee and leafy patio overlooking Santa Teresa's liveliest street, Cafecito is a great place for a leisurely lunch.
- Best for Restaurants near Estádio do Maracanã Because: Closer to Maracana than Copacabana or Ipanema, this cool and kooky Santa Teresa coffee shop is a good place to chill after a game.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Cafecito scores points for keeping prices reasonable despite the prime location.
- Best for Brunch Because: Cafecito's leafy terrace is the perfect spot for a leisurely coffee and cake before a stroll around Santa Teresa.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Delicious sandwiches and upmarket ice creams make this a hit with all ages, and the street scene below is diverting too.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Delicious sandwiches and small plates, excellent coffee and tasty cocktails are served on a leafy patio with great people-watching potential.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Cafecito serves some of the best coffee in Rio, and the salads and sandwiches are delicious too.
- Best for Take Out Because: Cafecito's famously good coffee and cakes can be ordered to go.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Simply put, this is one of the best coffee houses in Rio - the cappuccino in itself is a reason to visit.