Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
For a taste of Rio's Belle Epoque past, head to this historic cafe-restaurant in downtown Rio. Ornate chandeliers and jacaranda wood mirrors make an elegant setting for breakfasts, brunches and... Read More
For a taste of Rio's Belle Epoque past, head to this historic cafe-restaurant in downtown Rio. Ornate chandeliers and jacaranda wood mirrors make an elegant setting for breakfasts, brunches and afternoon teas, and this is the ideal place to take the weight of your feet and soak up the opulence during a Centro shopping or sightseeing spree. While most people head here for the experience of diving into Rio's past, the food and drinks are top-notch, too. Come with the family for a long, leisurely brunch, or by yourself to get a morning coffee fix and try some of the lovely cakes and pastries.
- Brunch, Breakfast, Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Lapa's Best Restaurants: "If you're in a rush, grab a pastry and coffee at the stand-up counter, but for a leisurely afternoon tea try to find a table in the outdoor atrium."
- Romantic Dining: "Plan to come here during the week - Centro can be disconcertingly quiet at weekends"
- Restaurants near Estádio do Maracanã, Family Friendly, Take Out, Restaurants near Cruise Port: "There's formal dining upstairs, a leafy garden outside, and a takeaway counter for picking up pastries and sandwiches on the hoof."
- Best for Brunch Because: The opulent setting is the real draw, but the coffee, cakes and pastries here are delicious.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: The opulent decor and sense of old-world grandeur gives this historic restaurant a romantic feel
- Best for Breakfast Because: This historic cafe is a tourist attraction in itself, and the food is delicious.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: This gorgeous restaurant is a tourist attraction in itself, and there's a choice of set breakfasts and brunches, as well as quick snacks.
- Best for Lunch Because: This historic cafe is a great place to refuel, and a tourist attraction in its own right.
- Best for Restaurants near Estádio do Maracanã Because: This historic restaurant is a tourist attraction in its own right, and makes for a good lunch spot before a match at Maracana.
- Best for Lapa's Best Restaurants Because: One of the oldest restuarants in Rio, this ornate building oozes tourist appeal - and the food's good too.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: The grand setting will have younger kids' eyes popping, and the afternoon teas are a tasty novelty.
- Best for Take Out Because: Snacks from the takeout counter include yummy sandwiches and tempting cakes.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: A visit to Confeitaria Colombo is like stepping back in time to Rio's Belle Epoque.