Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Lucy Bryson
There's no danger of going hungry at Copacabana beach. While vendors stroll the sands selling simple snacks and sandwiches, the boardwalk is lined with bars and restaurants that range from cheap and... Read More
There's no danger of going hungry at Copacabana beach. While vendors stroll the sands selling simple snacks and sandwiches, the boardwalk is lined with bars and restaurants that range from cheap and cheerful to seriously sophisticated. Here you can tuck into everything from a plate of fried sardines to smoked salmon washed down with a glass of genuine French Champagne. When it comes to relaxed dining, this is really the way to do it, and the leisurely pace of life here means you can linger as long as you like over your meal and drinks. With some kiosks open into the small hours, this is a great place to start or end a night out.
Praia de Copacabana
Rio de Janeiro,
- Romantic Dining: "The beachfront restaurants are super-relaxed spaces - come in your swimwear and you can work on your tan as you eat and drink."
- Copacabana's Best Restaurants, Copacabana's Best Beach Restaurants, Family Friendly, Beach Restaurants, Outdoor Dining, Street Food, Late Night: "Come in your swimwear - that way you can tan as you eat and drink."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: The gorgeous beachfront setting, with Sugar Loaf in the background, turns even a simple meal into a romantic occasion.
- Best for Copacabana's Best Restaurants Because: What better way to enjoy your meal than right on the sands of one of the world´s most famous beaches?
- Best for Copacabana's Best Beach Restaurants Because: Strolling along the beachfront until you come to a kiosk that takes your fancy is one of the many joys of a visit to Copacabana beach.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Kids can play on the sand while their parents eat and drink, and some beach front cafes have their own play areas.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: At Copacabana you can take a walk along the promenade until you find a restaurant to suit your taste and wallet.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Crashing waves and white sands make the perfect backdrop to a meal and drinks, and prices tend to be affordable too.
- Best for Street Food Because: Vendors stroll along the sands of Copacabana selling everything from grilled shrimp to falafel.
- Best for Late Night Because: Night owls can dine well into the wee small hours at Copacabana's many beach kiosks.